Wrap your mirrors using tape and cardboard. Use masking tape to create several X shapes on the front of each of your mirrors. This will keep the glass from shattering if you accidentally bump or drop the mirror. Cut small pieces of cardboard to place over the edges of each corner. Secure the cardboard with tape.
- Next, cut two pieces of cardboard to cover the front and back of your mirror. Wrap an old sheet around the mirror, then cover with the cardboard pieces and secure with packing tape. You can also use bubble wrap to create this protective layer.
- You can also cut two pieces of Styrofoam to fit on the front and back of each mirror for an extra layer of protection. Secure with packing tape.
- If your mirror is small enough to fit in a box, place extra padding in the box. You can use old sheets or towels or more bubble wrap.
Pack your television by covering it with cloth and securing with plastic wrap. Cover your television with an old blanket or cover. Take two Styrofoam blocks and cut a piece the width of your TV screen out of each. Place the blocks over the blanket or TV cover and secure by wrapping plastic wrap around the screen.
- Make sure to tape all cords to the base of the TV so they don’t get in the way.
Wrap your lamp in newspaper. Remove the light bulb and lamp shade from the base of the lamp and set aside. Wrap the cord around the base of the lamp and secure with tape. Wrap the base of the lamp in newsprint and secure with tape.
- Place the lamp in a box and place crumpled newsprint around the sides.
- To pack the lamp shade, line the sides of a box with newsprint and place the shade in the box. Place crumpled newsprint under the shade to help it retain its shape.
Wrap bar stools in bubble tape. Bar stools are generally pretty hard to take apart, so your best bet is to make sure they’re protected for the move. Wrap the legs in bubble wrap and secure with packing tape. Cover fabric seats with plastic wrap to protect them.
- If your stools have removable cushions, remove them from the stools and pack them separately.
Pack a baker’s rack by covering it with blankets or pads. Before packing, empty your baker’s rack. Move items such as dishes, food, and cookbooks separately. Wrap the empty rack in a blanket or pad and secure with plastic wrap. Secure any doors with zip ties or rope.
Cover filing cabinets with blankets. Empty your filing cabinets and pack the contents in a box. Make sure to keep important papers such as birth certificates and other legal documents with you during the move. After the drawers are empty, lock them to keep them from sliding. Cover the cabinet with a moving blanket or pad and secure with plastic wrap.